Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements - Lodril

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_14-29ZaMhkX15jJTMXCpNy-XZyy5Iun-zhCZhqU7ncitTgHKvwhWTUZ5yGwa0MMwve>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:23:03 +1000

2009/7/30 Jeff Richard <richaje_at_jvvxCU2z7A3aS0iem1sGMB3D4OAITpB3H3Mw1losF0xPvsak0Z2jfvlgrOpCaTy5Vt175V7SAr2YeqrG.yahoo.invalid>
> FWIW, in the Sartar Book, Dorburdun rates ONE rune. He's just a minor Air god.

I have actually wondered what the term "minor" means? Is he minor in his original pantheon, or is he minor to the Sartarites when compared with Orlanth, or is he minor in some objective power scale?

And if the last, what objective power scale? How widespread his myths are? I'm getting a sort of "Deities and Demigods" feel from this use of the term 'minor', and it doesn't feel good.

--
John Machin