Re: Jerontia/Jerontius: Balance, Moon, Harmony

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_FaXNyJwATx3SHdTJmb_huVU-y8KZHMqb0mJIw0NlpHhHwHfbxWhuVWn3kpGA-rojip81WV>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 23:38:35 +0100

[continued]

ENTEKOSIAD
pg 17 "Jenarthus... father of the Three Daughters... the wisest of the Caretakers (Moderi)... the Mystic King... an avatar of Rashorana."

pg 90: Pelanda called "The Land of Balance"

pg 15 "KaCharal then sent his family... [to allow the parts of the world] to work harmoniously. These are called the Moderi."

pg 24: "The shape [of the sickle] is like the Moon... she will return just like the Moon does."

pg 36: "done when the moon goes away"

pg 63: "the Moon's path"

Tareltara=Taraltara=Moon, so Jerontia knows what might be a Moon secret, supporting option 1. However, that might actually just be a secret of the All known to all mystics entities such as Taraltara and Jerontia.

Jeorntia as the mother of a high, middle and low goddess could be seen as reflecting Sedenya's progress through phases. However, we know that Valare Addi's equation of Entekos with Moon was denied by Teelo Imara Herself. So that actually provides a little evidence against option 1.

The several references to "balance" support options 1 and especially 2. The references to "harmony" support option 3.

Not being attracted to war, providing refuge and calm meditation support option 3.

Naveria "summoning the Balancer" with a costume suggests Naveria donning a costume to become Natha. The whole story points to a connection between Natha and Jerontius, supporting option 1.

Jerontius as a Moderi, who support harmony, supports option3.

The equation with Rashorana supports option 1, that could be just part of the equation of all Pelorian mystic entities with Sedenya (compare also Nysalor).

The several references to Moon indicate that Pelanda mythology knows what Moon is. Despite that, they never equate Moon with Jerontius, nor do they equate Moon with Balance. That argues against option 1.

So, we have some evidence for all 3 options. The Change part of "All is Change, all is Balance" as also pointing to the Movement/Change rune is uncontroversial.

I find option 1, that Jerontia has the Moon room, to be incredible. If it were so, the Pelandans should make the identification themselves.

I find option 2 increasingly persuasive. However, if it were so I would expected the Lunars to have made more connections between the Lunar and Jerontian religions. It also makes understanding the Moon rune harder; because it suggests that Moon does not include Balance.

Option 3 is my attempt to avoid the problems of option 2.

So, does the Moon rune include Balance, or are they actually separate runes? Or is it a distinction like the Fire/Sky rune consisting of both the Light and Heat runes? If so, what is the concept of Moon without Balance? Would it be the rune that Annilla has? Perhaps, the moon rune given in GRoY?