Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements - Lodril

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_9JXBqz4KJp2JwGcV8UAm0Iuf8TVKqcs8OYFGqiT1w8CSk9P_nVLMMT-J7_oRdu_61bn>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 23:59:38 -0000

*facepalm*

Sorry, but this isn't the argument I'm making at all. We aren't creating this stuff from thin air.

Barntar, is still an air god even though he's a "peasant's god" for the Heortlings. He has always been a son of Orlanth, and a god of Air.

Lodril has always been a fire god, and a brother of Yelm, but suddenly people are going "why would the peasant god be a fire god, surely he needs to be an earth god".

Please tell me you can see the analogue here. It feels like there is a terrible disconnect in all this. Why is does Lodril suddenly need to change into an Earth god to be "a peasants god", but Barntar is perfectly fine as "a peasants god" even though he's an air god.

  -Adept