Re: Odayla rune(s)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_crBkmp5uT0Leijo0q8sZ_1kQRAtgYF7ucofzx5zrGIjH8fzG9dZBsHkQ-LFKRSw7_LM>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 17:13:20 +1200

ttrotsky2 wrote:

> Actually, I'm interested in the other rune. I was under the
> impression that the Beast rune (and form runes in general) provided
> very little magic, which apparently isn't the case here. Have I
> misunderstood something somewhere? (Which would be a good thing if I
> have, incidentally).

	Everything has a Form rune but they are rarely
	a source of magic powers other than the form itself. For
	example, all men have the Man rune (,) but it simply means
	that they are men (and not gods, discorporate beings, animals,
	or plants).

	HQ2 p120.

ie the form rune the hero has provides very little magic. That doesn't prevent beast magic, plant magic or any other sort of magic in general.   For example a hero worshiping a bear deity will have access to the magics of doing bear like stuff, like fishing for trout, climbing up trees (if brown bear), kicking down trees (if grizzly), hibernating etc. Likewise the Spirit Worshipper described on p112 has the beast rune charm of Antler fighting.

--Peter Metcalfe