Havin fun with runic metals

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_DTp3yuCf9TqArMB4Wg17UZSRFsBdZ0ppQnMEWEOZTAUIhiko63fb8Zu0oAwocX2-kTy>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:40:18 -0000

Like I implied above, I'm a gib fan of the original _pure_ metals as runic ones. Early on (RQ1 or RQ2) even talked about coins having to be alloyed to avoid the magical effects of pure runic metals.

Anyway, since I like the earlier stuff where Lodril is a sky god who has come down to and mixed with earth, I suppose "his metal" would be rosegold, or one of the various other mixes of copper and gold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_gold#Rose_gold_alloys

In the same way while the elemental metal of storm is tin, Orlanth's metal would be bronze, since he did not spring virginally from the forehead of Umath, but is a child of the Primal Storm and a Mountain Goddess... so tin and copper.

And so forth. Nice detail to amuse one's players with, if they are the sort to enjoy occult trivia,

  -Adept