Re: What lies beneath Alda Chur???

From: donald_at_FVkW_433K8-OM2-p3CuVLGXZxzgvdww364BoWc7qBgIIUkYtoRj9cG9gmHmZ9HHaLWXBk
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 12:34:58 GMT

In message <4A98D55F.3070005_at_BgXOOLTmzvqJ4yri9DSdNVPOebwis7i9AZRw7H2GfcjCjjpLzH-9kwgEBHUhpv820afQ5_zrgjzyVMzG5eFEoWpWxZHzB56mHw.yahoo.invalid> Peter Metcalfe writes:
>chrphrgrv wrote:

>> By the time of the Hero Wars the worshipers of Yelmalter
>> have switched to Yelmalio and are trending toward loyalty to Sarter.
>
>I'm not sure how worship of Yelmalio trends towards loyalty towards
>Sartar given that the Sun Domers actually drift away from Sartar pretty
>quickly.

My impression is that the Sun Domers haven't any great loyalty to anyone. The know they are right and everyone else is wrong. However they have to temper that with the fact that they can't be on the losing side or they risk being wiped out. So they hire out as mercenaries for short terms to whoever seems to be on top. They keep to the letter of that contract and then negotiate a new one, maybe with the other side.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/