Re: Gloranthan/Genertelan Dress

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_QQB2oNfpSP6tceL-hOgiNg_WtESg7egZJOSXzJiiuyFp-oV00p0rmDM02ByidfozfJo>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:55:24 -0000

And the West is not one culture, remember. Personally, I'd go for some of the more ostentatious fashions of the 15th century for Loskalm, but otherwise to look at various early medieval cultures for inspiration. The Kievan Rus fit my personal conception of the Jonatings, for instance.

One also has to remember the existence of sumptuary laws designed to enforce caste boundaries in many Western nations, of course. So the knights and nobles will dress quite differently in many places, for instance, which they generally didn't in Europe (largely because they were the same people). This sort of thing helps to remind us that the West is not, in fact, medieval Europe.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/