Re: Ghouls

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_HhlJ1Nit2jAfZEJ7J2zJr0PQp24M_jQIhcwgzatXe4qz8jjElLQ58IBRdMtloEvXvuX>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 04:47:05 -0000

Thanks.

Ghouls remind me of vampieres, in the way of an imperfect analogue. I suppose they are a symptom of chaos on Glorantha. In theory hunger (and undead) could also be linked to darkness/hell.

People breaking the taboos of Heortling society (murder of relatives, incest...) tend to cause chaos. Is the cannibalism taboo a more universal one, that causes (chaotic) breakdown of the border between dead and alive.

I'm still curious whether a magician could seek to become a ghoul as a way to avoid natural death. As long as you have access to flesh, you can "live" on, I suspect. How much is it still you? Do you become a mindless zombie?

  -Adept