Re: Brithini Caste Restrictions/Duties

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_WQ-eTiXVIQ4b7b4QPpuK4qj7y5_Z3ucKGHGjGwUujSMXg8P6FLuYIsF7ngUCrAxrW>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:42:28 -0700

YGWV On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_ytcBOGQeV3bsjCUlukTAA3cyXPOyjnDt5TmpJ-vyuDaQfZDmNIXhDf0wVdR-RNaZ6DGICj_FAZ_yogpqsp0.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> So, was there ever a Brithini baby that learned and perfectly obeyed caste
> restrictions that he or she stopped aging before growing to physical
> adulthood?

Har har, wonderful.
Not that I had seen, heard of or known about. Until now. Normally of course, the requirements for full brithinihood probably requires that the candidate survive the growth period, and also that it meet whatever physical requirements are deemed necessary for immortal life (i.e. adulthod)..

> Is that even possible in your Glorantha?

Yes, of course.

(It's too amusing not to be in my Glorantha. I'm now seeing Arkat the
> western hero as frozen in his teenage years, then sudden aging when he
> becomes a Humakti.)

That, too, is a pretty cool insight.

--
Greg Stafford