The production work done for the Sartar book

From: Richard <rjmeints_at_FaSkwwLFZerZOcF2AwOwHkk-7L1DgLwvVOTYvxdOLPdn6sZ-nPdlMoJi7v4PIrf33Ri>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:47:27 -0000

Jeff and I have a large number of people to thank for all of their magnificent work on the Sartar Kingdom of Heroes book. In particular, since I worked with them directly and very recently, I thought I would start with the artists, cartographers, and graphics crew. Under Simon Bray and Jeff's aegis we have more new art for this book than any other Gloranthan book published, even the Gloranthan classics. The artists have collectively done an amazing job of bringing Glorantha alive through their copious number of illustrations. Both veteran and brand new artists, Simon, Manoel, Regis, Jed, Dan, Mike, Juha, and several King of Dragon Pass artists all came up trumps.

Our cartographers (Pearce and Driver) brought artistry and Consistency to the maps we have included. We think you will enjoy having color maps of the regions and well detailed city/town maps of many of the places your characters can visit as they adventure. We've also had the good fortune of having the runes categorized and described more graphically than ever previously done. Matthew Cole, who also helped flesh out (literally) the character sheets has earned our many thanks as well.

With all these experts sending me hundreds of Megabytes of files I found myself having a hard time getting the layout done. I kept reading maps, marvelling at images and figuring out what tattoos might end up on the character sheets. I hope you'll like the layout, it's a departure from the layout Issaries used and much closer to what I did for the Gloranthan Classics.

Jeff and I have many more people to thank as well, but I wanted to start with the production crew. Five Stars, gentlemen!

Regards,
Rick Meints
Moon Design