from Sartar:KoH, being "drawn into" a heroquest

From: Hal Bowman <hal_bowman1_at_0MhlJ07XQBWx1YykwKbOAnjJhSN-WlVCu524ldDDkN-B68bkBiBKHrZBDrpNEqgp>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 12:31:12 -0800 (PST)

In a few places, the concept of being "drawn into" a heroquest as an opponent (though I suppose one might get drawn into other roles, too). (pp. 189, 196, 200, 201). The Summoning the Enemy ritual gives an example (pulling the opponent/monster into what sounds like a scarecrow-type model).

Another example was the Count of Sun County appearing as the Yelm Representative in what I think was part of the Lightbringer Quest run as a This World Quest. He loses his connection to the Mastery Rune in the Quest. Is this supposed to have been an example of a guy drawn in as Yelm? Or am I misreading and we are supposed to understand he volunteered? If he was drawn in, what is that like? Does he know he what's going on? Could he have avoided it? Does the action move to where he was, does he move to them (yes?), or something else? Another example is a Lunar sorceress drawn in (explicitly stated) as Rausa, the Crimson Goddess of Dusk. Same questions apply, I guess.

Help!?!

I'm very interested in how this works, because it could make life pretty interesting for my players' characters when they drawn in to someone else's play book.