Re: Teshnos in HW: Glorantha and HQ Voices

From: Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_4DKT57f9h1tg35B5nm-XR0pPlNZ5YJECmzpUf2y8mkF9_F_cgTZ44RvZSEm6pQ>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:31:48 -0800

> When people are reincarnated, they are incarnated into the body of an
> adult so the age difference isn't all that problematic.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe
>

> I guess I haven't been reading or understanding the same source as you.

First, I thought that you either were reborn immediately or had some generally fixed "rest period".
Second, I though that you either were reborn into a new born, or into a newly initiating adult.
Third, I assumed you were not reborn until you died.

Here's how I've been seeing it:

If I die sixteen years before my flame-wife, then she will be sixteen years younger than me when she reaches adulthood in her next life. Then, my older next life dies 28 years before her. (Here, it doesn't matter if we are reborn in to babes or initiates, the sixteen year gap still remains.)

I think that the age gaps will be all over the place, with the assumptions I've been working with.

On the other hand, if my flame-wife survives me and we are rematched immediately after my rebirth into an initiate, then we immediately have a significant age-gap. Although this does fix a lot of the property issues that are encountered by rebirthing into babes.