Re: Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes...what if Branduan remains ally?

From: Hal Bowman <hal_bowman1_at_1mmyESNV_aC6rzEJjIX-k2XSRDxLtsbk75Xd-Bk37MFCNHA0tp4suGJYhN8lPF3G>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:45:15 -0800 (PST)

I should really have written that Branduan gets knocked off the bridge and "killed" out of the heroquest. According to page 347, he'll end up back in the Sacred Time ceremonies, seriously wounded and need of magical healing. I'd keep this consequence if both Branduan and at least one of my PCs are oath breakers or perjurers. I figure this would have the following plot effects:

1. Killer Branduan would resign his quest for Ernalsulva or she'd pick the successful PC wooer instead. Branduan should accept this, as part of the Rivals Suiters deal, though he'd be upset.

2. The PCs would owe him and any Greydog support team for his help up to that point.. My players are likely to offer something to smooth the waters. If I were a betting man, I'd bet they'd give him Wrath, since it once belonged to the Greydogs.

Now, if Branduan is vulnerable to being knocked into the River of Swords but my PCs are not, then I'd alter the effects of the River to be completely lethal. Problem solved.