Re: Why is Kargzant a Spirit?

From: Greg Stafford <glorantha1_at_OugS-822TpTy1HiqC8ARA3CYI2GAx25tQQDnUqt2CsHvOoCGVjHtEHx6PeeaGBUIE>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:40:37 -0800

YGWV On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Peter Metcalfe < metcalph_at_g6OdEcb6cXOuFUkxFyJzBd6WrwWbPHX0eM9K5m5BFd2i2LIob8DdQ2GuYoLvux3D8uoF4NqKx9I2y5yzRN5hx8WDwA.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

I am shocked at this missed Knowledge roll! What's the resistance to make Peter do that?

There's nothing in the GRaY or even the Entekosiad for that matter.

These things are not always stated in the language of the three worlds, because at the time (the Gods War) these were simply not recognized at first. The hodge podge and chaos of the Gods War was sorted was sorted out without the distinction.
GRoY '95 WA edition, page 8, Eshkintu "Evil Spirit Prison" is or includes the entire Spirit Plane *as far as the DH are concerned*

> Although the Dara Happans met proto-Darjiin during the Golden Age
> (well after their basic natures had both been determined), there only
> seems to have been the recognition that SurEnslib was disgusting,
> depraved and foul (which as a teleological explanation serves Dara Happa
> just fine).

Yep, another one of those people who are outside of the known and agreeable world, and good for them and for us too--we are better off to have them all there.

> The horse riders were first met during the Storm Age (when
> Kargzant was no longer around)

Kargzant was around in my Storm Age.

> and the Dara Happans would view them as
> worshipping Monsters.

A characteristic condemnation of the DH about all entities not inside their cult.

> So the first time that both cultures realized
> that their sun god was truly different was

In the War of the Many Suns.
Part of the Gods War.
Hmm, where? I've written something about the war of many suns.

After the Darkness, Kargzant was one of the first lights to return. see pae 89 in "Planetary Returns"
110,666 Kargzant

at the Dawn and the Dara
> Happans explained Kargzant's different nature as a sign of his inherent
> unreliability.

The actual change-over where DH reckons that Kargzant lost forever and was chained to the night time sky:
GRoY, page 41 "The Rebel Gods, after chaining Kargzant..."

   page 89: 111111 a the Bridle Conjunction

--
Greg Stafford
Game Designer