Re: Wyter Speaker?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_38DyeepRvdW0TzFbZ1iqasUyA6K8P3CXibz9NjeUpZ_L-guDeYBgfdnJuynEosJ4h0po>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:49:12 -0000

> In Wyrms Footnotes #12, (cica 1981) Fazzur Wideread is stated as being:

Keep in mind that is a very old text. :D

> It is perfectly acceptable for some (significant) changes in terminology
> over the intervening 30 or so years, but what would be a "Wyter Speaker of
> the Occupying Army" be?

The guy that speaks to the magical power uniting all the Lunar regiments in Dragon Pass. The general must lead sacrifices and ceremonies to the magical entities protecting the army.

> Following this, in 1625, when that Dara Happan builds the Temple to the
> Reaching Moon in Sartar, I would presume it would be further increase the
> power of this "Wyter" and link it / tie it to the land rather than a
> force/idea/project.

A Sartarite wyter is not tied to the land. It is tied to the people. A very important distinction.

> Does Sartar 'the geographical entity' have its own wyter? It must mustn't
> it?

Sartar "the Kingdom" has a wyter - Sartar himself.

> Is it severely weaken by the 'Still wind' of the Sartar Rising?

And by other things (like the Lunar magic extinguishing his Flame). :D

Jeff