Living in Seshnela : Fun and Games

From: hcarteau_at_QO3w3CcKc5OebxvpHw1zo0zAkQ6QGoGEC6ptCqEHFWiIZn8l7Yn1D70EaGE2pn4x7wp
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:56:13 +0100

Selon Jeff <richaje_at_7mnRX4BODa1S9h6V225yVHTGgZ6YquDTrY7SUHYEpbwI1RXykHCE-iUdxZNVftownZM8e1UBsVKFYUA.yahoo.invalid>:

> Not just peasants. Sometimes a noble or a soldier gets a glimpse of Hrestol's
> Joy. The lucky ones leave Seshnela and go beyond. There even have been some
> secret Hrestoli communities with surprisingly powerful patrons.
/// Now THAT makes for good gaming. Besides, I like the idea that Joy (la Grāce) is a wild, uncontrollable Power that can pierce through anything, including rokari fear and bigotry.

The Judges root out these communities and crush them before they return the madness and horror of the God Learners.
/// Meaning the Order of the Golden Lance, aka the Inquisition (yeah I know nobody expects them), the true Heart of the rokari church. They have spells to purify you of your sins and heresy, you know. It's a painful experience. Once you are cleaned, they might decide to let go what remains of you. Or not.

> Always remember the destruction that the God Learners brought to Seshnela.
> The oceans were Closed (destroying their empire), the heart of the ancient
> kingdom was destroyed, and the vast majority of their population killed. Not
> only that, but the Abiding Book itself is lost, presumably drowned with
> Jrustela itself.

/// I like this "probably". You also know what I suspect the Abiding Book really is.

Hrestolism allowed the God Learners, therefor Hrestolism is pathway evil. /// Huzzah. Death to the heretics. To the pyre, to the pyre. Burn the witch. Do not let the warlock live. Stone the pagans. Crusade. Yeeeahhh.

The Rokari are quite reasonably convinced that only strict adherence to the Old Laws of Malkion will prevent another such disaster. /// That's their short-term, obvious goal. The Church Hierarchy's real goal is much more ambitious - and terrifying to me.