Re: On Mysticism

From: Jerome Blondel <jeromeblondel_at_8aPOy0wKTnZEOZLRmpSvyF0iPv0qBNTuQWual95EA_nZo-27cH-Dwgx_Vlr-94>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 21:04:06 +0100

aysezz
> Say, does anybody know if Mysticism is still its own form of religion? I've seen mention of mystics worshiping the Storm Tribe. Is it now "just" a form of worship, or would that be misapplied worship?

It has been said mystical cults aim at enlightenment, liberation, realization, awareness, detachment and all that. I made up my own interpretation based on mysticism as explained in Hero Wars.

For example, the soldiers of the East Isles would worship Karkal, the God of War, to help themselves achieve awareness etc. and detach from their entanglement with the world, namely wars and destructions. So they wouldn't do that to gain war magic. It's not military drill either. They have powers because they are more disentangled from the illusion, sort of, IMO. A priest, who leads the ceremonies, follows Chaquandarath the god of priests to detach himself from priestly duties which entangle him in the world. Etc. A worshipper of Comb and Braid worships Comb and Braid to disentangle hair (it's a small god). The East Isles' gods thus symbolize the things which bind you to material reality.

On the other hand, a Humakti worships Humakt to entangle himself with the warrior ethos and physical prowess. It's the way of Ombardaru in the East Isles. Ombardaru is the Antigod of theists.

Jerome Blondel