Re: What's whinging ?

From: Andy Leighton <andyl_at_-w5aSt-3oSik3u-fUz4VmF5Td4-r816q-uHQ6yrjWQquLxPjt2lmx_TxaZuEFxf7Jtt9hb>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:35:44 +0000

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 07:31:07PM +0100, hcarteau_at_DcAMianqjJZkAoX4Fu17KSDJFVQpMMssoYPx9KBqkhQtuIj3ws6w3t4jLHWbz3Ew_rH-4JWd6A.yahoo.invalid wrote:
> The title says it all : what does "whining" mean ? I understand whining but not
> this one.

Don't be surprised many Americans have asked me the same question elsewhere.

Whinging is primarily a UK/Commonwealth word. The Australians often call the English whinging Poms. It kind of means a persistent peevish grumbling / complaining.

--
Andy Leighton => andyl_at_3gA_MkECUCakbRL3Q67UaeYapNO5q0KnJwXA2ZfH3_2aHV8cuQZxQbP39PphG0kQZsTXQ9vDtXjSxg.yahoo.invalid
   - Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_