Re: heroquest with lunar gods

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_q6EfEYkqu4beTkQslNkAv6P8Fxm1A4N-agAvLNpu7CWQjVvjunkAxYJTHWbDtvsRQA6>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 21:12:36 +1200

On 5/28/2010 8:39 PM, Trezaae wrote:

> It is exactly what I have understood, but how does it works for the
> lunar as their gods (or part of them) didn't exist during the god's
> war ???

Lunars did exist during the Gods War. There was the land of Mernita (what is now the Blue Moon Plateau) which was noted as a land of Lunar worshippers by both the Orlanthi and the Dara Happans (who sent a planet to fall on it).

Secondly the God War is only a shadow of the true source of divinity; namely the Gods World, Spirit Plane and Sorcery Planes. To become a god, saint or what have you requires a change on the respective plane itself and not the Gods War. The Gods War/Storm Age is the easiest shadow of those planes to access (others being the Great Darkness, the Golden Age and the Green Age). Changes on the Gods World etc can affect the Gods War, which is why heroquesters can find seemingly anachronistic events in the Gods War; such as Yelmalio at the Hill of Gold.

Thirdly Lunars become divine through some action of mystical awareness (or chaotic damnation). This manifests as their own source of divine power - the Red Moon.

--Peter Metcalfe