Re: Uz and everybody's perceptions

From: hcarteau_at_XmiWuLdLbk0mQIuDD-VZUQa982QZWGFoRqYlPyFgILzwTVOWEiT-v0bR3PmWWSObi4B
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 21:55:57 +0200

Selon Todd Gardiner <todd.gardiner_at_954t8olSuIonOr9pNGJwh968sU5NjaxIU7fh8oYtgmGNsa1o4Q9krSq9rwwK4qyMLE4c_vZFcqYNgXy4tg.yahoo.invalid>:

> Well, I do agree that the *primary *sense of UZ is Darksense. But in my
> Glorantha I reject the analogy of sonar.
/// A crude approximation I agree, but useful to give a simpler feel to this aspect of Glorantha to people not as involved (read "crazy") as us !

However sensing deeper inside objects does fit into my "understanding" of Darksense. An analogy of a different sort would be when RW people first look at an object and see shape and color, then we continue to peer and focus on the surface texture, imperfections, variations of color and tone that show the blending of compounds in, lets say, wine swirling in water. /// Substitute "Humans" for "RW people" and it works on Glorantha too ! The people good at it, very observant, have "spot hidden 90%" or "Notice details 15M".

Uz can study objects, as your suggest, perceive hidden aspects of its nature. /// So can all races ! But their different senses show different hidden aspects. It'd be fun to take some object, such as, say, a POW storage crystal and have each different race describe it in details (NO, not ducks).

/// Who starts ?