Re: Seshnegi Questions

From: Jeff <richaje_at_8ctdCBlHvF9yNSDtWA4o36NiMoj8EYkdWA65EiHnsxmN9ZsorjBzBaDdKWcWSkk6in8G>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 13:18:26 -0000

> Yes, I think the first heavy cavalry was pretty slow moving.
> Anyone know when the Fronan chargers appeared exactly?

Second Age. Possibly the same time as the Return to Righteousness Holy War or perhaps a little later.

But again, these were not high medieval knights. They were elite Hrestoli Men of All who had embraced the Abiding Book and its Jrusteli wizards. I have read a description of them as wearing a heavy bronze cuirass, leather and bronze arm defences, and a bronze helmet with a metal mask in the form of a bearded face. They fought with long spear, sword, and even bow. Fantastic soldiers who fought in Ralios, Fronela, Kralorela and even Pamaltela.

Jeff