Re: Spiking the spikes

From: David Cake <dave_at_2AvGx4kNfAqT2_2aOCSrOFCf4_OPUbCFBLkuMcHfTA_X5PzBjqEnxZo6qbKA7LySbvg_vy5>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 22:46:34 +0800

At 10:25 PM +1300 9/11/10, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>On 11/9/2010 9:23 PM, hcarteau_at_rfBmb_YpAiBHivfqcidQ9aflkkNY3mCwpGKd-RtBigzMSA8cPlcRxbQoecAmagTR78tG8aUEXa2d.yahoo.invalid wrote:
>> Selon Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_iZWAURgTSgVHCIML_FDqvkZQ52TxWx8kIynbhN3wiEQ0xe38Z6hDnQrtYUA3Z_wLzsjbEBcVGmE4Ju2DgJqyP5Rwo0jo.yahoo.invalid>:
>>> Even worse is that the evidence for this Queendom comes not from the Uz
>>> but a map in a document written by an Orlanthi sage.
>> /// This is all new to me. Which document are you referring to ?
>Uz Lore in Trollpak
>> /// So what would be the malkioni Spike ?
>Danmalastan would be my guess.

        An interesting point is that in Malkioni myth, the 'big physical mountain at the centre of the world' and the 'magical point of unity and oneness' are very different. The Malkioni completely acknowledge the existence of the big mountain, they just never think it is a great point of primal magical unity. Well, Zzabur says that it isn't, anyway - to Zzabur, the Spike is a result of disunity. Danmalastan in general or the Fist City specifically is the primal place of unity.

        The Spike itself seems to only be regarded as a symbol of primal unity by the Theists, to a lesser extent the Easterners. To the Pamaltelans, the Spike was an enemy place. To Zzabur, it was where those jerks who used to be his friends lived, and he seems rather pleased to eventually have an excuse to explode it. Only to the Theyalans does its destruction seem to be genuinely disastrous.

	Cheers
		David