Re: Rotting in Glorantha

From: boztakang <danielmc_at_gwfMsT5_rxWm_SpyYJkFWVnnisaNgikKjTNnfcHs91cNt0XJK6i_uU1nSeGpbFlfzZH>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 20:10:40 -0000

> /// OK. Do we find Mee Vorala magics in Daylight or is it strictly a Dark thing
> ?

I'd say she's Primarily a dark thing, but not Strictly. Yeasts, mushrooms mould and fungi all appear in daylight, but it's not their favorite place.

> /// Since you don't look squeamish and do not hesitate to use graphic details,
> I'll add that rotting things also attract the spawn of Swems : grubs, maggots
> and larvae that seem to proliferate (both on animal and vegetal decaying
> matter). But they are a symptom, not a cause.

I'd say more co-incidence than symptom. Food in darkness will attract things to eat it. Bugs, Worms, Spirits, Trolls and Fungi are all Hungry... meat in the darkness acts a bit like an oasis in the desert - everyone shows up )

Trolls in particular I think would make clear, and (to them) obvious distinctions between "fungal rot" "spirit rot" "bugfood" and "wormfood" to a degree that humans wouldnt be able - or particularly want - to.

True.

Though the Orlanthi recognize that the natural breakdown of the body is best helped along by other elements - either by fire (funeral pyres) or darkness (graves and tombs). And I dont think the Brithini would be at all suprised to find Krjalki Demon Essences acting as Agents of Devolution. ;-)