Re: Process of Death in Glorantha

From: Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_BTKYavJ_-QR2HatzMiWy1WqNu8UaWSU3C6-5Wp_rTGipC9krebN-UnRbQihe>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 14:29:50 +0000 (GMT)

In Cults of Terror/Gods of Glorantha there was a Jeset(?), who ferried the dead on their journey. Though I think he is only a spirit(?) that takes souls on a short boat ride as part of their journey after death.
There is also a reference in Cults of Prax which suggested that the Lunar 'Immortal' Danfive Xaron, had some conection to the Ferryman of the Dead, (as a result of his role in the Seven Mothers' quest?)
Wish I could refer to my books and provide the group with quotations.
Don't know if either idea is still current though.
Richard Hayes

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_GA9CgQIfGcXNO1ho2juHWW--u_DNr_s6ih2s7gGdNIOplj0GKpONieIr7UzJkPIlsw4fOwQLCYQjmpg9CLURDwSk.yahoo.invalid> Subject: Re: Process of Death in Glorantha To: WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 17 December, 2010, 21:00

Sean Foster wrote:

> Is there any Ferryman equivalent in Orlanthi*/Lunar/Western Myth?

Issaries is the psychopomp for the Orlanthi pantheon.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/