Re: Veneration, Part 2

From: hcarteau_at_fwzSzRBHXlICIWv83VfYeXx320ktCUesePsKB52kuHvsvjHIH8BMtiZefugZUKfSA_j
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:03:46 +0100

Selon Jeff <richaje_at_G3JiXACbiYv0S21KM4lIROo3HhAqzMS0kmOkSTDKq5-xRNnUaYrfs3l087BOcvDrqn-HJ7838IR7Jw.yahoo.invalid>:

> Only a few very weird cults like the Aeolians (who are Malkioni only in the
> widest use of that term) worship the Erasanschula as saints. Most Westerners
> find the concept deeply problematic (since the Erasanschula rebelled against
> the Creator - so how did they become worthy of the saintly respect).
/// This is interesting. In my sorcery school, we learn SOME eransachula did devolve. Most faithfully followed the path Malkion the Seer assigned to them. The local rokari Watcher, always keen to harass us as neo-GL to keep his flock in line, does not say otherwise. He is out for modern saints' blood, however.

> You don't get any direct magic from venerating a saint. There are not lists
> of saint cults, each with their own little magical effect. Only illiterate
> peasants (people from outside of the good cities),...
/// Meaning over 85% of the population. Even the Church of Rokar had to include a pseudo-Saintly Order, the Good Plow, in rural dronari lectures to keep them quiet and hard-working. Not everyone cand understand the Glory of God. The wise must protect the feeble.

...fools, or frauds claim that.
/// such as hrestoli bastards, plague of Malkionkind, lechers and caste-breakers. God's wrath in on them.