Tomb of Yurmonis, slontan style

From: hcarteau_at_5UvymvUfNglmgFE9BJMVq1PK1CyiNZg2OqDwN-yPkOfIkTgga3jiHW0V1hRBhSCVxAC
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 23:36:11 +0100

Today we played our 25th game of the Blood Over Gold campaign, where the glorious Blue Falcons of Caroman House went forth to find some missing parts of the city demon Fay Jee. I'll make a long story short : said part was hidden at the end of the dungeon "Tomb of Yurmonis", from the "Masks of Pavis" book.

I modified and adapted it to become a godlearner prison for defeated shades of the vainquished loper folk but kept the layout and many parts. The best was the Crusher, when a giant wooden badger statue starts rolling down a corridor the PCs are at the other end of - and have only a few actions to get the damn big door opened before they are squashed like bugs against it.

It was extremely pleasurable to describe to the players that they'd have to roll againts "Heavy 15M3" if they didn't find the way to open the doors - that got them going. They stuck all their gears under/around the Crusher trying to slow it down while the sorcerer was trying to puzzle out the combination of runes to push on, with the noise of the unraveling chain and the creaking wood mass getting louder... I could see real panic on some players' face. Bravo to the est. M. Ian Thompson, write of this baby - it does work like a charm !

Of course, they did make it in extremis.