Re: So what's SOLACE to a rokari ?

From: Nick the Nevermet <nick.the.nevermet_at_Pa_yxgfwpB2AQXFLLZXoFF4dK50ybD8B342fpFc4xMLBsYdGYaRNvaebd6>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 16:51:22 -0000

I wonder if there is caste specific knowledge (with all its religious and magical connotations) that is not included in the Wizard's understanding of things. So, for example, is there "peasant wisdom" that is known only to peasants, and this arrangement is seen as religiously proper?

I doubt the Rokari in practice have this, as the whole "One God, One Church, One King" slogan suggests a centralization of power which would not like sect-specific mysteries (I'm less sure about whether or not it's compatible in the abstract with the teachings of St. Rokar, however).

I also can't imagine this is the case for the Hrestoli, since there's too much mobility. And the Asharan Church is too syncretistic to have the elaborated theology for such an arrangement.

I appear to have answered my own question to an extent, but now I'm fascinated by the idea of caste specific mysteries. ...Or maybe this would just get folded into the liturgy for saints, who are certainly caste-specific in many cases.