Re: The Importance of Caste (or Why Wizards Don't Rule)

From: hcarteau_at_Vjs7F2Ga5DzOLZPB3TeaznPzn_t_PdLMQtsWMKNdZTLnq3crbuG5Ce3_HzlGJiFuj6D
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 22:48:49 +0100

Oh Great Makan, protect your humble flock from the putrid heresies of the foreigners. This one, from his faraway forlorn Island, dares supputate that Wizards could assume wordly power, and wonders why they have not. Truely the mark of a deranged mind, a pity he hides too far away for our Order of the Golden Lance to make him See. Still, out of charity I will explain what our venerated Living Saint Theoblanc says to the Watchers of the rokar church.

"Beware the temptation of wordly power. Makan has put great power into your hands, power enough to reshape the land, even more the hearts and mind of your flock. It is sometimes heady, and easy to misuse this power. Be assured almighty Makan will strike down any of his Watchers that falls into such Error. The eyes and ears of the Ecclesiarch are many and always near. Such vile abusers will be stripped of their office, of their knowledge and of their caste, and sent to labor at the mills. Their brain will only hold dim memories of what they once were, and the dronar will kick them to make them work harder. Such is the punishment of God for those who would abuse His Power.

When Malkion instructed the Zzabur, he clearly stated his roles and duties. Ours are the duties to maintain the energetic well-being of the Community. We protect, guide and advise our charges. And as Holy Rokar wrote, we must be above any sin, any error, any mistake. We must be spotless, lest the horrors of wizardly hubris Holy Pascandal so vertuously denounced be upon us once again, and bring back the ice.

He who walks the proper path of Knowledge and Humility, he will cast great Spells of Wonder that will enrich his whole flock and land. Malkion will smile on his endaevours, and his cup will run over.

He who errs will end alone in the darkness of his putrid mind, his back broken by the humblest.

Hold to the Book."