Re: Sub-castes : within castes, below castes ?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_JenLc4JZfFblTpNLhfGwSLgS5G80jqvlwfJqvPbuSe72j-gvxKixcTlRtH_qu7F9nta>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:14:26 +1300

On 2/12/2011 10:26 PM, hcarteau_at_fT1YRc-RVJQUjs43p_I1gP7ES1fktCaQUET3wCcIdhS8MCIS9QCAC3DkqYwimrcbM1gckoTeaoo.yahoo.invalid wrote:
> I can see some malkioni sects arguing details of the "Malkion
> instructs Talar" parabol about the various roles of the talari. Since
> the "Revelations of Now" text has been lost for a long time, we do not
> know what Malkion originally said to the caste founders - possibly we
> couldn't understand it, not being brithini.

I think the leadership functions of the Talars (I like the heraldic beginnings) arose because the four castes struggled among themselves (after Malkion was ousted from power) to delineate who was in charge of what. Thus the leaders of the Malkioni/Zzaburi armed forces were originally Horali and the institution of the Talar officer class was an innovation designed to place them under civilian control.

--Peter Metcalfe