Re: Why Wizards Don't Rule

From: hcarteau_at_DIf6sS69phAvmsYtB3llP4qy_poxY_8YGhUEivQxQEJy6eKyYsk04LXfBPVBqLfbixY
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 09:55:16 +0100

/// Whew. That was a monster message ! I thought to take a peek while at work
and ended up spending 20 minutes reading it. But it's fascinating material. Especially that :

the Brithini spells, while intended to be cast only by zzaburi, are more concerned directly with elements and powers and pure abstractions than spells derived only from the carefully restricted, and heavily socially mediated, lessons of the Abiding Book. The whole point of the Abiding Book is that restricts itself to what is right. While Zzabur created caste, he was rather the pragmatist.

For one thing, it seems to be undermine the whole conception of Brithini sorcery being very pure, and very based on Elements and Powers. 'horali' and 'zzaburi' are not elements or powers!

/// I fully agree. Brithini Magics should have a completely alien, inhuman feel
to outsiders. They do no bother with castes etc. since they were developped before Malkion organized society. They go straight to Core Runes (which exactly is matter for speculation AFAIK). They work all the time, in any conditions. Zzabur did cut a lot of corners to vainquish the gods, master the emotions, drown the vadeli and break the ice.