Re: Some lively Gloranthan discussions on RPG.net

From: donald_at_WVm5YfbI6u0i-LOdk1ZhL-KjavMOhER97IjmYJxgLY6aahqQryHI5rOypOsfWs4WjZcBh
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 21:26:15 -0000

> > Check them out, and reply to them here or there! Lots of things being discussed on quite a few different topics:
> >

> One thing that arose in Chris's description of his planned campaign that might be interesting to get more views on...
>
> In His Varying Glorantha, Argrath (or Kallyr) brings back Belintar from the LBQ whose unity magics and Earth
> powers would have provided an answer to the falseness of so-called Lunar inclusionism.
>
> Who should 3rd Age Orlanthi Heroes (Kallyr,Argrath,your PC's) be trying to bring back from a LBQ to deal
> with the "Lunar" problem?
>
> I'm thinking Tatius the Bright is currently the best bet. I think Sheng is the same mistake Harmast made when
> he fetched Arkat. The original LBQ wasn't about finding an uber-powerful fighter to join you in fighting the
> Chaos that was destroying the world, but about righting the wrongs you made in killing the sun and allowing
> the world to get into this mess in the first place.

[snip]

> any other non-canonical suggestions.

How about a mask of the Emperor?

I think there's a time when the Emperor dies in Sartar although it's sometime in the future.

It would cause all sorts of complications among the Lunars especially if it was Takenegi who might take the view that subsequent masks had got it all wrong.

--
Donald Oddy