Re: RW rokarism from an unexpected quarter : Algeria

From: Glass <glass_at_dcR0fzOApVAUC-IMWoMR5zz6ynwnkOleuktPwocvqHK5D22nh7Z7VsMZzdIHoREm7l_O49>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:07:36 -0000

> > > Islam is a good model for Malkionism, no doubt about that, and one I
> > > have used as a source myself. On the other hand, at least some Malkioni
> > > do place an importance on 'saints',
> >
> > Plenty of Muslims do too.
> >
> On the other hand, many Christians don't, so that can cut both ways :)

Uh, "amen" to that! ;-D

> Malkionism isn't Islam, either, nor is it Kabbalism, or neo-Platonism,
> or whatever the heck other inspirations one might find. But we can (and
> should) use those models, where they're appropriate, and, I for one,
> would be very disappointed to see other models abandoned where *they*
> are appropriate to keep.

My favorite Malkioni are still derring their do in the Genertela box, so I hear you here. I've already been well and truly disappointed to see that model abandoned. But for me, though, that particular baby really did get thrown out so long ago that it's nice to have any model of the West that works again in the context of the "new sorcery rules."

If we had more on the epic of Prince Snodal or any of the other ur-western material we might have more of a litmus test of where the bathwater begins. Yes, this is a veiled plea for Unfinished Work, but one that could really help. Deep sources would be helpful and Revealed Mythologies is out of print.