Re: A question about Justice - Western Style - in Fay Jee

From: Jeff <richaje_at_yG3XZ172FxUfjv6Py55hIkhRgWk7a-GXX26qSFGkxlxq8gOGvbDqH522-l6f0H9aFvvi>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 08:05:09 -0000

> > Stepan betrayed his family, fought the legitimate (?) successor designated by
> > their own father, allied with foreigners and pagans to do this and profaned the
> > Cathedral of Ashara. As result of his actions, many died and the whole House has
> > been weakened, and stands on the brink of collapse.
> >
> > So what do you think ? Is a death penalty appropriate ?
> I'm trying hard to think who would object if Stepan was executed. For
> most gloranthans, cruel and unusual punishment is mandatory for high
> treason.

I'd suggest that Stepan be permitted to serve the city he once betrayed by having his essential soul magically bound as a guardian of the city's ruler. His demon could spot plots and conspiracies as easily as he once wove them!

Of course the ceremony requires his ritual execution, but hey them's the breaks!

Jeff