Re: Votnakiland [Re: Okapi]

From: Oliver Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_4R4L5dT2P3WdM0eCFfiGzIeIL_q8xTcNe3FtzD137EJ6bU4X59ng158eJdff1ItpZ5s>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 09:56:51 -0500

My take on the pigs was that they were not that far from wild boar rather than being of the domesticated variety. If you're at all interested there's a zipped file of all the stuff I'd had done for Balazar/Votankiland on my website at: http://webspace.webring.com/people/lo/oliverb/index.html There's a calendar based on the one from Storm Tribes that lists when the Votanki eat various things. I just had another look at it and it needs some fleshing outbut it's a start.

Oliver

  On the other hand, if you want a slightly more exotic Elder Wilds, there are actual barking deer on Earth - the muntjac (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muntjac) is notable for its tusks, diminutive size, and barking alarm call. They're the oldest known deer - which seems appropriate for the Elder Wilds