Re: Some Fronelan population and culture details

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_Ej6DDrNxEPZqeE1tCTBcXmvkU4ACowQXs2wLJQ6D4tqFiSXeD0l0nE3IkfTdzYeooZb>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 20:42:30 +1200

On 4/26/2011 6:39 AM, Jeff wrote:
> Posted to glorantha.com. Check it out here: http://www.glorantha.com/wp/?p=1750

Just a few thoughts on the text.

I think the Orlanthi of Fronela were indigeneous Vadrudi having been there since the Storm Age.

but they were even more out of control than the ones in Tanisor and Seshnela).While the World Council fought the Battle of Eleven Beasts to get a foothold in eastern Fronela, I doubt they were able to penetrate through Hsunchen territories to get to the Orlanthi/Vadrudi in the west (ie Bija and Oranor). The Fortunate Succession shows a Kingdom of Beasts that was beyond the political influence of Dorastor (There were Nysalorans there but even more out of control than the counterparts in Tanisor). As for the Lightbringers being worshipped in Oranor and Junora, I think they were introduced by the God Learners in an attempt to civilize them.

I'm uncertain about how Harmast manage to stop a war between the Ralians, the Fronelans and the Malkioni by bringing back Talor. Talor's solution was a great curse against the Telmori who would not be stopping a war but rather winning it.

I don't think Southbank has a Sun Dome Temple (the Genertela Book only says that he was a minor cult there before the Ban and the Carmanians would have had a temple to Idovanus rather than Yelmalio). Rather I think the Solar worship comes from being the capital of the Sun God (Yom according to the Rathori Creation Myth) who led the army against the Malkioni just before the Sunstop.

Lastly a comment on the population figures. I do think that the statistic of a million people living in Rathorela is too high and represents an outsider's wild guess of how many bear folk live there.

--Peter Metcalfe