Re: Roots of rokari power

From: hcarteau_at_l-w2HGumRT9ZYhgF-LnfrqXpg8lTqsNRGCGIF12lk2b3bZtOmtW7PxLPDFZgAUwHj2l
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 18:30:28 +0200

Selon Jeff <richaje_at_OpH39JSWXpCAls8WzKbiN43_ZaKY-XuT3tHwCrjXloN_cQmT68IImMO05BMXFQ4Ggr3Y45PXixIg_g.yahoo.invalid>:

> Bailifes was hardly on par with the Roman Emperor (even if he ultimately
> ended up recreating the Kingdom of Seshnela - he was more of a Clovis figure
> than a Constantine).

/// Well, let's make him Charlemagne then, who did rule in good part through the Church.

> I don't think Rokar was matyred, despite Reaching Moon 12.
/// Ah. That's a new one. No "Perfect Moment", no ascencion to Solace on angels' wings anymore ? How did he die then ?

And I do think that there was too much bleedover from Credo when Nick and the gang wrote that article. Hardly a criticism - Credo is a superb game and one I hope to have some good news about now.
/// I'm begining to get curious about this Credo game. What "good news" are you referring to ?

> I think Rokarism was always tightly heirarchical sect with much oversight
> over the wizard caste (who are always the problems - let those wizards
> innovate and horrible things happen).

/// Ah, so Rokar himself focussed on zzaburi's errors in his lifetime, then, and took the Church (whatever it was like in these days) face on. And they struck back. And if he wasn't martyred, then... what happened ? Did he blast them off and rode off to Solace, having sacrificed his life for Victory ?

I plan to post a bit on it on glorantha.com in the next week or two. /// Goody !