Babeester Gor was Re: The Paps

From: Jeff <richaje_at_o1lP2CJwG5q0vJLjTTd8E14LZyjQR-TTs9pFb4IHLC5bSEFXdF7l9jj1sbkMo6VFXIY7>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 12:55:42 -0000

> It's clear Babeester Gor in Esrolia is rather different from in Sartar. In Sartar they are lone
> individuals whereas in Esrolia they are organised into military units. So I'd expect other
> differences - maybe they direct their affection to other members of the unit.

Babeester Gor is feared in Esrolia, perhaps even more than in Sartar. Frex in Nochet, the Axe Temple is considered a frightful place for a frightful goddess and anyone who is not a member of the cult generally avoids the temple square. She hunts those who harm Ernalda, her cult, or her people and takes bloody vengeance on them.

In the recent wars with Greymane, the Irillo Hundreds, Kimantorings, and the 11 Dukes were repeatedly outmatched and outfought by the Ditali horsemen and Solanthi skirmishers. However, the barbarians greatly feared the Axe Maidens and avoided defiling the Great Temple at Ezel for fear of angering the Vengeful Goddess.

FWIW, I don't think all BG cultists are usually lone individuals. Frex, the Clearwine Earth Temple is defended by four BG cultists. Greenstone is also defended by BG cultists. Most tribes probably have several who guard the main Earth Temple or local high priestess of Ernalda. This counts for at least half, probably more of the cult.

BTW, there are several examples of Babeester Gor characters in Sartar Companion. For example on page 39 is Erannina Chan and on page 253 is Theyvora the Axe.