Re: The three runes pagans all have

From: Kevin McDonald <kpmcdona_at_-Q2lhkSZnCc-7u2WD9_NxsgpiRBh4CVK_x-glGlml0nKfSqPkLnGPoVk86kF5_f9C2m>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 14:05:34 -0400

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 4:19 PM, <hcarteau_at_mygBp_w-okM38glAJLjOXn6yo-xp1Vn414i7ymaNRT_wxK7Opo4K-gp50z46px4cJrd6V916-vNthA.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Still, having all malkioni have three (or one or two) Runes as part of their
> make-up does make for interesting possibilities...

I was under the impression that you must have the rune affinities awakened during initiation before they can be accessed. If your initiation ceremony doesn't awaken rune affinities then then for all practical purposes you don't have them. If they aren't awakened do they still affect your personality? Once upon a time I would have voted "yes", but my preference is now that they don't. It would just confuse players whose character uses one of the other two magic systems. Glorantha can be hard enough for casual gamers to grasp without muddying the waters.

-Kevin McD