Re: malkioni un-churches

From: hcarteau_at_-MpEzPo7mDsSTlrbr3GqGpu2reRiS3y2pDnkVOt93kD4UXcNBm0od9UvPsSyN6c4vmL
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 21:20:23 +0200

Selon Richard Hayes <richard_hayes29_at_eMc9K0vekS2E1jlFGjWTdlr_uVxDcvvUhSChnCoFfB2_kQKfeBGCYMpbOV95vnmIl8bEXv93IzLV4u_1wYJWfPxg.yahoo.invalid>:

So Malkionism does still have a history of grand Councils which periodically seek to define what Malkionism is?
/// I think the last was two centuries ago, and officialized the birth of
rokarism. There hasn't been any since then.
I don't dislike the idea (and would like information on How the West was One if it is accesible), but isn't it a bit like the Medieval church?
/// DON'T TELL JEFF THAT !!! I pestered him with that notion for nearly one
year and each time he ranted that "church" was not a correct word, it did not describe what a malkioni scola or sect is. I even wondered why he was so anti-christian !

It took me a year to understand what he was trying to make me see. In short, Malkionism is more a philosophy than a religion. Some sects do not put much value into the notion of God, or the Great Mind, or whatever. Wizards work to understand how the Universe works, what are its Laws. Thinking is the Most Sacred, Most Exalted occupation a man can have (Ruling comes far behind). Thinking and Understanding, the use of Logic and Reason, does bring man closer to God/the Absolute/the One/etc. Some call it Solace, some call it Joy.

The zzaburi elite does study its Holy Texts and sometimes re-discovers forgotten Laws. The talari rulers might sometimes be interested in metaphysical discussions. But 97% of the population (horali and dronari) get a very simplified version of these Laws, mostly those who explain their Duties. Since it's such dry reading, they often complement it with Saints worship or a little side paganism.