Re: Draft Map of Genertela at the Dawn

From: David Cake <dave_at_TaiWICpmujU_BsXNlA1jJVjOQKkTM2XH_6oOyAlSMDV9ZVC9HVE9rCNEGGjGvj3ZubsD-J9>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 18:38:46 +0800

At 8:35 PM +1200 31/5/11, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
>On 5/31/2011 7:23 PM, David Cake wrote:
>>
>> Yes - that is a very Kralorela centric view of it though, and
>> the relative numbers make it clear that there is a whole separate
>> Kingdom of Ignorance culture at the dawn, who no doubt have their
>> own, very different, version of events. And of all the human Dawn
>> cultures, we know perhaps the least about them. Big pyramids,
>> gladiatorial arenas, changable crypto-solar religion, and not much
>> else. Pretty much our best source is the Black Sun writeup in Troll
>> Pak, and no doubt lots has changed since then.
>I'm not so certain that Bliss in Ignorance is as obscure as you claim.
>We know they grow corn and use trollkin where others would use ordinary
>farm animals.

        I'm not sure how much we know about that at the Dawn - do we know when the trolls were exiled, leaving the trollkin behind?

        But yes, corn, and prawns and watercress in nearby Koromondol.

> We know the natives are pretty much ignorant on
>everything.

        Well, according to the Kralori (and the FDR, and other non-Ignorants) anyway.

>We know the place is an exile for unpopular Kralori
>philosophies.

        Definitely. But was this the case at the Dawn?

>Even Revealed Mythologies doesn't do anything to change this.

        Or add much to it. Mostly what we already knew - the Black Sun, cannibalism, walking dead, cruel, and traditional enemies of the Kralori.

	Still very little compared to other Dawn cultures.
	Cheers
		David