Re: Scripts + Examples

From: hcarteau_at_wyTi1etSDFlVmYaIcv-gG_6SRBbaqKBnh2YCqoeMnqTNgnedz-CRAH1ja3MNhcMKp-N
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 23:46:59 +0200

Selon Peter Larsen <p3larsen_at_J2sCTj69ITBJVxKeXTBhT6cYgruKCQhi_JleytPZEp1X2q89qaFOzkN5_RZPnsOJ56YKX2EuO3s.yahoo.invalid>:

> Aren't the Lhankor Mhy scripts were cult secrets that were jealously
> guarded? I seem to remember that most Dragon Pass Orlanthi (at least) were
> illiterate, as much from religious prohibition as lack of time and/or need.

/// Yup, Lankhor Mhy cultist know the "cat scratchings" (used by heortlings) and "dog scratchings" (used by alakorites of Tarsh). These can be taught to Issaries cultists for instance, and make the (few) written records or Royalty. They themselves use the "Elasa Script", the Letters of Inspiration, which they never explain to others, and which take magical powers to understand.

As for literacy... who needs to write and read anyway ? No honest, hard-working carl nor bold thane for sure.