Re: Scripts + Examples

From: David Dunham <david_at_scixwb_U5FcXymp1BQAZnY-Smxxj3rPJsJRdHTlqe1dQIDz5JOQWpI8qQyw0zRM3i21DNJ>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 20:51:07 -0700

On 18 Jun 2011, at 08:35, giannieanna wrote:

> Well... That was actually the idea behind this post. I want to produce sample texts for my Second Age Umathelan game. I believe I would have to start from the script used in the Middle Sea Empire (Western script? Rune-based?)

Wouldn't surprise me if the lascerdans has their own script. IIRC you can find some of the stone monuments they left behind. (Though perhaps that part is just in my game.) I wouldn't bother detailing this one, but it may exist just to be exotic.

Peter

> The Malkioni are said to have a uniform script that everybody can use
> even if they don't speak the same language (comparisons with Latin or
> Arabic have been made). I

FWIW, that always makes me think of Chinese -- supposedly when people who speak mutually unintelligible dialects meet, they draw ideograms in their palms with their fingers.

But this could speak to runes, and their inherent magic.