Re: Blood Kings

From: jorganos <joe_at_40n3U1uA-Ear9fZaMm2Mj291yU91uC7LdhhcacpgZIGl7pW9pPqXz_oOu4u4Qjy-mAfZ0P_->
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 21:28:52 -0000

When you say kingdom, is this as in "organized Orlanthi kingdom" like Tarsh or Sartar, or as in "a bunch of tribes and clans doing their thing without a permanent unifying institution" like the southern Orlanthi neighbors of Carmania?

I said "definitely" because the Orlanthi neighbors are the only way refugees from Carmania can run. The Char-un are Lunarized and not very welcoming, the Lunar Heartlands embody what the Carmanian traditionalists fight. The Janubian city states might be sort of more welcoming, but there you get Irensavalist disputes, and to reach Syanor most Carmanians have to travel through Charg.

Now I don't see major waves of Carmanian traditionalists leaving the West Reaches, rather a long series of individuals or families choosing exile over Lunarisation. Loss of lands (and titles) would be a given either way, although an exile usually sticks to both his former titles and (futile) claims to the lands.

If there are enterprising Orlanthi warlords in Charg, some might well entertain exiled Carmanian Hazars as part of their court/companions.