Re: Wedding Special

From: Stephen <stephenmcg_at_ldt0sMGpd6vXYlwOHzYcgwsZ5Q82_SNyoZB6dgUQMlz8GtOPDA5lZeTFfevyKnP0I>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 21:37:43 -0000

OK. Some cool ideas. Knew I should be asking here. :-)

I cannot believe I forgot about the Garhound contest...

I love the idea of the local spirit and the curse. I am thinking that the curse has to be something that destabilises the clan in some way.

I am thinking that the curse should be that no children will be born to the clan within wedlock. Sartarite clans are fluid with marriage but the curse means that women will only be able to have children if both the mother and the father are married...to someone else. :-)

Now, practically this is an easy curse to live with but the magical nature of Glorantha means that it undermines the magical fabric of the clan and either the clan dies out due to no babies being born or the repeated breaking of the law causes chaos incursions.

The way to break the curse will be to overcome it magically by enacting a powerful marriage and fertility ritual which culminates in the impregnation of the bride.

Garhound - series of tests to prove the worthiness of the groom - I think that the players will have to go somewhere and compete - I am thinking that they go to the trolls to find a mother race troll who has researched into the trollkin curse - she should be able to provide them with some serious magic ritual that ensures fertility.

Orlanth and Ernalda - will have to look up the myth - but I am thinking that this is pretty much competing suitors seeking to win the hand of the earth maiden. This should be the one that discovers who the maiden will be that needs to be impregnated. I am thinking that the competition will be finding the right gift that ensures the bountiful abundance of the maiden.

Wondering whether I should provide them with a false lead to the Broos - overwhelming fecundity....

I think I need to highlight either one more cult or another race.

I also need to think of some archetypes for the pre-generated characters...probably steering clear of Humakti. :-)

Stephen