Re: Dara Happan depictions of Orlanthi gods

From: yaldabaoth_777 <yaldabaoth_777_at_6wVsyCPeQyF6U9L5bX_qZo2WhfSo9WIEIV3XOw7-8rOWgPkCREDnza_qiP3Xi>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:51:32 -0000

I, Luchadoros, God Learner of fair Lutterwal, will make an identification attempt for eash mask. I would like to state first that I think the narrative has a "generally true, but with a substantial false component" vibe to it. I don't think Harnaval really knew which masks were which. Secondly, I do not presently have my copy of "The God's Wall Fully Illustrated and Explained Completely for You, 19th Edition [Revision #3]" by the esteemed sage Ghrutius the Vacillator. In any case....

  1. Armless Howler: Probably not an Orlanthi god. It looks like an ape or maybe a horse. It would be a stretch to say this is the Star Bear.
  2. Black Bat: The Rinliddi bat goddess (and as such the only goddess on this row). Perhaps known to the Orlanthi as Artia Nightsdottir? Again, not a major Orlanthi figure. 3. Handsome Grinner: I doubt this is Issaries or Orlanth. I presume this figure is demonic in that it tempts the staid Dara Happan wives to stray from their staid husbands. Note the white tufts. 4. Hare God: Obviously Trickster, known as Eurmal to the Orlanthi. I have seen a depiction of a mask myself like this in the studies of Hofhadalos the Nonwise. This is the first important Orlanthi god, and the importance is mainly mythical. Does the narrator truly believe that the Lunars can enslave the Trickster? 5. Intruder: Issaries? He appears almost leonine, but the lack of upper fangs is noticable. 6. Mother of Kings: Kero Fin. The second definite Orlanthi figure. 7. River Goddess: Oslira is hardly a major Orlanthi goddess.
  3. Ugly Old Woman: Dark Earth has many goddesses. I believe this is Gorgorma, but could be Ty Kora Tek or any goddess of a type Vlandas of Klaxtorplose famously stated as "croney". Possibly Orlanthi in the regard, but unlikely. 9. Goddess of Lust: Uleria. An Orlanthi goddess, but also Dara Happan, as her power is universal. 10. White Ram: The only god on this row. Heler, demonized heavily. Probably not the Father of the Devil.

So, out of 10 we have 4-5 Orlanthi gods of varying importance, 2-3 obvious non-Orlanthi gods who may be known to the Orlanthi, and the remainder unknown to the Orlanthi. Hardly anything for the narrator to be concerned about.

Now if you excuse me, I understand someone has a gift for me at the door, which I have been assured is a "candygram". I'll return shortly!