Re: In Praise of Writing that Breaks Stereotypes

From: David Johnson <litrevan_at_ZLPdp3mBo5ZfvzmeZxfmnN-kbxjEykkY-N8WXZ-N2g5i4zNftmW96rOz3DiGban-eCq>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 08:50:42 -0000

Just read this and the followup piece on the reaction. It's hilarious and really points out what I didn't like about the series, but couldn't quite put my finger on other than I liked her better than the two boys and the substitution of the term mundane with muggle.

The author name thing, that's just more of the same that's been with us forever. Always found out I liked them just as much when I found out. Another good poke at stereotypes is the Miles Vorkosigian series by Lois McMasters Bujold, now if I could just fold that into Glorantha :)It's not very SFy for all it's space travel and multiple planets. Maybe I'll try.