Re: HeroQuest Questions (I'm sure there is apun inthere somewhere)

From: dougiepunk <dougiepunk_at_HPKiFGKYOR3ZpMo84Uh8KZThtmLaO6ndYi09qDfCGVQI1u2bUBqs5Sg6hNbx35GQJ>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 16:55:50 -0000

> The biggest one is about being drawn into someone else's (Real World, or Practise) heroquest.
> /// IMO, it's not a Heroquest if it's on this plane. It's a practise run, or a rehearsal. It is only affected by faint echoes of the Otherworld. UNLESS something unexpected happens (i.e. someone rolls a 1 or a 20) and you get catapulted on the Other Side. Good luck then.

Hmm. That makes sense but S:KoH p186 sez re. This World HeroQuests

"The magic of the heroquest draws appropriate encounters and opponents that usually match the known or expected inhabitants of the site in the Gods War. Thus strangers travelling nearby can be drawn into This World Heroquests, most commonly as opponents, though possibly as helpers. The power of the myth may prompt them to play their part or they may be one of the surprises outside the normal myth."

which is where I get stuck....

> Assuming a band of PC's correctly identify a station as 'Orlanth was beaten up by Kygor Liter', how would you actually play this in a way that was fun for the players?
> /// You can play their survivability ; being beaten is one thing, being killed another. You can have them try "Not to be eaten by Deldorella" ritual. You could also have them try to escape after defeat to avoid being eaten, via Jumping, Flight, Teleport, whatever. Or, best of all, you can have the "Try to get laid with Deldorella" story... Not for the faint of heart.

Ok, I like this... :).