Re: Lycanthropy Question

From: hcarteau_at_SPwgwv0osBLSpWXeOWbz3ClgWdtQbdsQm6clVH93UppsBozNNsv1fiSwrASZ4uKSNmb
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 22:25:13 +0200 (CEST)

I was really thinking in terms of bestial, evil shapeshifters -- much like people infected by a magical malady, not like people who can shape-shift at will into their totem or stuff like that. Also the idea is to have an isolated monster, not a capacity that is widely shared amongst a given population.

/// It's a chaotic creature. It can change its shape to a were-whatever, with one or two extra chaotic features.

It's a normal guy who stole/found/inherited the Cloak of the Tiger. In this tigerskin cloak resides the spirit of a Tiger (Sakkar ?) When the guy puts it on, he becomes the beast. How much of the process he understands is up to you, that's MGF matter. I like innocent NPC corrupted by raw power.

Even better : in the middle of a highly civilized society, some people are born with very strong ancestor animal blood, as it happens sometimes in Ralios or Seshnela (werelions). It's perfectly natural, nothing is per se "evil" to it, but it's horrifying to the local community. Death to the monster. So this person becomes bitter and cruel. And its animal soul gets warped.

If it's in Pamaltela, it's a corrupt/mutated bat fiwan with vampiric powers, one of its kind...

The possibilities are endless !