Re: Lycanthropy Question

From: Jeff <richaje_at_2sZHGqQ5QVWgXgiAJJbNa3k9scewBhmDwPcEjaytCH7OI3Fsp8mplhuQD69QhmlL4ZoS>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 04:20:53 -0000

> > Thanks a lot. But I was really thinking in terms of bestial, evil shapeshifters -- much like people infected by a magical malady, not like people who can shape-shift at will into their totem or stuff like that. Also the idea is to have an isolated monster, not a capacity that is widely shared amongst a given population.

Of course. This is a widely shared archetype throughout Glorantha - a person or family cursed to be monsters: The Men-Eaters, a band of rebels who were cursed by the God Learners to take the form of monsters and prey on their own people. Jhalzar Eton, a mighty sorcerer whose investigations of alien magic resulted in a terrible curse that transforms him once a week into a Chaotic horror! The Tiger People, a small tribe who, upon adulthood, transform into tigers to hunt and eat other peoples, becoming human only after they have fed on manflesh.

Jeff