Newbie here with a Pavis economics question

From: hcarteau_at_Sit8tHMWe4qPasZAHcQ5031ca5BjPtfUPpG_LizG5apifFrsC06WRptfs8bfqjEqVqk
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 09:18:29 +0200 (CEST)

First off, a brief run down on me. I'm new to the group here but I've been playing RQ for almost 20 years now (on and off). Recently starting again with a new, less experienced GM, and we are running into a few things that we don't really know the answers to.
/// Welcome back to the fold.

Does Pavis allow for more exotic shopping as I assume it would? Magic items, food, potions,sorcery items ect.
/// First off, the Pavis and Big Rubble Companion, originally for RQ2 and reprinted in one book, describers almost every goddam shop and shrine in Pavis. No need to make things up : it's all there, including names and habbits of their owners.
Second, yes there are one or two exotic shops, plus don't forget most Temples are interesting in buying stuff from the Rubble in exchange for items useful to adventurers. So it's more "payment for relics" than plain shopping.

If so, how does one determine which items are available for purchase at any given time?
/// One does whatever one wishes to fit with one's definition of Maximum Game Fun. Anything can be found in the Rubble (and I mean ANYTHING), but it's more fun to go get it than buy it off the shelf !

What is the best material for players to read regarding the items available in Pavis?
/// Again, part of the Pavis and Biggle Rubble Companion. And let's not forget the upcoming book about Pavis by Moon Design Corp. Even if written for HQ not RQ it'll still be a mine of information, most of it, as I understand, new and unpublished before. Oh joy.